The Region 5 RTAC will meet at 10:00am on Wednesday, October 24th, 2018.
Meeting Location: Jones County Fire Department – Station 8
304 Rock Creek Rd
(Across street from Mattie Wells Elementary School)
Sponsored by North GA Medical Transport.
Lunch will be served at 11:30.
The Region 5 EMS Council Meeting will begin 12pm.
RTAC members who are unable to be in attendance are encouraged to send a representative of your organization to serve as your proxy. Be sure to notify us via email if your will be sending a proxy. Additionally, let us know if you have any items you would like added to the RTAC agenda.
Region VI RTAC Meeting November 3rd, 2016
Regional Trauma Advisory Committees (RTAC) will be established in each EMS Region for the purpose of developing and maintaining the Regional Trauma System Plan (Plan) and monitoring system compliance and improvement activities.
RTAC membership will represent regional trauma system stakeholders including physicians, EMS, designated Trauma Centers, non-designated participating hospitals, hospital personnel, local governments, and the public. An RTAC will meet at least quarterly to oversee operation of the Plan but may meet more frequently as determined by system needs.
Each RTAC will:
- Prevent injury by monitoring high incident areas, for example, and proposing solutions and follow-up plans to specific agencies. The RTAC will develop data-supported injury-prevention programs;
- Monitor component compliance with the Plan;
- Analyze system performance using data specified in the data-driven performance improvement component;
- Evaluate regional trauma training needs;
- Act as a forum for regional trauma issues to providers and consumers within the trauma care continuum;
- Monitor hospitals’ transfer agreements, proper use of diversion, emergency department “wall time” and holding patterns, etc.;
- Identify additional Trauma Center and Trauma System capacity needs within the respective region;
- Support non-designated participating hospitals to be brought up to Trauma Center designation status as determined; and,
- Develop and monitor mutual aid agreements and activities to ensure region-wide EMS coverage at all times.
Please note that the meeting will be held at Gold Cross EMS, located at 4328 Wheeler Road in Martinez, beginning at 1pm.
Lunch will be provided by Gold Cross.
The following committees will meet prior to the EMS Council meeting:
- Training Committee – 9:30am to 10:30am
- EMS Director’s Meeting – 10:30am to 11:30am
- RTAC Meeting – 11:30am to 12:30pm