The Georgia State Trauma Commission and eBroselow LLC are pleased to announce a new initiative to promote pediatric dosing safety within EMS. It will involve distributing free copies of mobile software, called SafeDose, to all EMS workers in Georgia.
SafeDose, which works on iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry, is a sort of electronic extension to the Broselow Tape. By selecting weight or a Broselow Color
Link to website
Due to an overwhelming response from Georgia EMS since 19 September to the EMS SafeDose Mobile App Initiative, we have arranged for this free download to continue to be available through 07 October 2011!
We are very excited to report over 1000 downloads from Georgia EMTs since 19 September!
Link to website
“You can take it with you – Vehicle-area networks are allowing road warriors to accomplish more than
Article in November Urgent Communications contains report on Georgia’s AVLS program
Link to article
HB 160 Revenues to date 31July 2014: Posted 31 July 2014
Location Map and List of Georgia Designated Trauma and Speciality Centers: Posted 10 January 2014: Map
Location Map and List of Georgia Designated Trauma and Speciality Centers: Posted 10 January 2014: List
Commission “MOTIONS” search: Posted 27 August 2013
Georgia Trauma System Regionalization Pilot Project Evaluation Final Approved Report: Approved 19 June 2013
CY 2011 Trauma Centers Uncompensated Care Claims audit report: Posted 14 May 2013
Commission “MOTIONS” search: Posted 20 February 2013
Readiness Cost Survey Results Summary from CY 2011 trauma center data: Posted 17 January 2013
FINAL REPORT: Special Examination of the Georgia Trauma Commission: Posted 07 January 2013
Georgia Trauma System Regionalization Pilot Project Evaluation DRAFT Report: Posted 24 and 25 January 2013
CY 2010 Trauma Centers Uncompensated Care Claims Audit Report: Posted 16 August 2012
Clarification regarding “sold” uncompensated care claims eligibility: Posted 3 July 2012
2012 Georgia Trauma System Distance Map: Posted 27 June 2012: Large Map
2012 Georgia Trauma System Distance Map: Posted 27 June 2012: Small Map
Call for collaboration and integration among agencies: Posted 19 June 2012
Uncompensated Care Claims Definition: Posted 15 June 2012
Special Examination of the Georgia Trauma Commission: Posted 06 June 2012
2012 – 2015 Three-year Georgia Trauma Commission Strategic Plan: Approved 18 May 2012
FY 2013 Georgia Trauma Commission Operations Plan: Approved 18 May 2012
Governor Deal signs HB 397. Substantial revisions to Georgia’s Open Records and Open Meetings Acts: Posted 17 April 2012: Government Memo from Attorney General Sam Olens
Governor Deal signs HB 397. Substantial revisions to Georgia’s Open Records and Open Meetings Acts: Posted 17 April 2012: HB 397
The State of Trauma: Chairman’s Annual Report January 2012: Posted January 2012
CY 2009 Trauma Centers Uncompensated Care Claims Audit Report: Posted 27 January 2012
3-Year Strategic Planning Document: Posted 01 September 2011
Region VI Regional Trauma Advisory Committee (RTAC): Regional Trauma Plan: Posted 29 August 2011: BIS report PDF
Region VI Regional Trauma Advisory Committee (RTAC): Regional Trauma Plan: Posted 29 August 2011: RTAC VI Regional Trauma Plan
Georgia Trauma Commission Update: Summer 2011: Posted 06 July 2011
09 June 2011 Trauma Center Coverage for Georgia: Maps: Posted 09 June 2011: All Trauma Centers PDF
09 June 2011 Trauma Center Coverage for Georgia: Maps: Posted 09 June 2011: Level I and II Trauma Centers only PDF
09 June 2011 Georgia Designated Trauma Centers: Updated: Posted 09 June 2011
Georgia Trauma Centers Uncompensated Care Claims Audit FINAL REPORT: 17 March 2011
2011 EMS Day at the Georgia State Capitol: Posted 16 February 2011
Regional Trauma Advisory Committees (RTAC) will be established in each EMS Region for the purpose of developing and maintaining the Regional Trauma System Plan (Plan) and monitoring system compliance and improvement activities.
RTAC membership will represent regional trauma system stakeholders including physicians, EMS, designated Trauma Centers, non-designated participating hospitals, hospital personnel, local governments, and the public. An RTAC will meet at least quarterly to oversee operation of the Plan but may meet more frequently as determined by system needs.
Each RTAC will:
- Prevent injury by monitoring high incident areas, for example, and proposing solutions and follow-up plans to specific agencies. The RTAC will develop data-supported injury-prevention programs;
- Monitor component compliance with the Plan;
- Analyze system performance using data specified in the data-driven performance improvement component;
- Evaluate regional trauma training needs;
- Act as a forum for regional trauma issues to providers and consumers within the trauma care continuum;
- Monitor hospitals’ transfer agreements, proper use of diversion, emergency department “wall time” and holding patterns, etc.;
- Identify additional Trauma Center and Trauma System capacity needs within the respective region;
- Support non-designated participating hospitals to be brought up to Trauma Center designation status as determined; and,
- Develop and monitor mutual aid agreements and activities to ensure region-wide EMS coverage at all times.
Approved May 19, 2016
Please note that the meeting will be held at Gold Cross EMS, located at 4328 Wheeler Road in Martinez, beginning at 1pm.
Lunch will be provided by Gold Cross.
The following committees will meet prior to the EMS Council meeting:
- Training Committee – 9:30am to 10:30am
- EMS Director’s Meeting – 10:30am to 11:30am
- RTAC Meeting – 11:30am to 12:30pm
- May 5, 2016 at 11:30am-12:30pm- Location- TBD
- August 4, 2016 at 11:30am-12:30pm- Location- TBD
- November 3, 2016 at 11:30am-12:30pm- Location- TBD
Posted: 11 August 2015
Zip files for Trainers to download