|REQUIRED LETTERS OF INTENT DEADLINE
Friday, December 20, 2019
Monday, December 23, 2019 – Friday, February 7, 2020
$10,000 – $30,000
ABOUT THIS RESEARCH GRANT
The Georgia Trauma Commission in partnership with the Georgia Trauma Foundation is initiating a grant program that seeks to reduce the burden of injury in Georgia. To realize this goal, we are awarding several grants that will catalyze and advance priorities that address the top mechanisms of injury Georgia: falls, transportation injury, and intentional injury. Successful proposals will be data-driven and leverage community partnerships to provide evidence-based or evidence-informed injury prevention programming targeting at-risk populations. We will prioritize projects that demonstrate:
1. Engagement of trauma system, community and professional partners
2. Cost effectiveness
3. Ease of replication and sustainability in a variety of settings
Any organization or agency in and serving residents of the state of Georgia able to receive funds.
LETTER OF INTENT
Letters of Intents (LOIs) are required and are due Friday, December 20, 2019 at 5 pm EST. LOIs must include:
· Title of the project
· The name(s), affiliation(s), and email address(es) of the Principal Leader(s)
· Names and affiliations of partners and/or organizations, if any
· A 30-line abstract of the proposed project (Arial, 11-point font; 0.5-inch margins; single -spaced)
Experts in the fields of injury prevention will conduct a blind review and score applications based on programs that:
· use a data-driven approach based on sources that may include trauma registry, hospital administrative data, public health or population data.
· address major causes of injury in Georgia using evidence-based or evidence-informed strategies.
· have an evaluation plan to measure the impact and disseminate these findings to further the field of knowledge.
· are relevant across the state of Georgia or specific to regional needs within the State.
If you have any additional comments or questions please contact Lori Mabry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS