2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators Conference Update
The Georgia EMS Association (GEMSA) has been working very hard on the 2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators Conference to be held October 10-13, 2020.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has created tremendous challenges for all of humanity, and it has been accompanied with a level of uncertainty that we have not seen before. There remains much ambiguity in the immediate path to returning to normal activities with large group gatherings.
The GEMSA Board of Directors has carefully weighed the opinions of the members along with their responsibilities to ensure the safety of Georgia EMS providers and agencies.
At this time, the 2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators Conference will be held as a VIRTUAL event. The gathering of hundreds of EMS providers from multiple EMS agencies in close quarters has the potential to impact EMS operations across the state and is an unacceptable risk in the opinion of the Board.
A few things we know right now:
- This will be a free training event for Georgia EMS providers due to funding from the Georgia Trauma Commission.
- Regular conference sessions, October 11-13, will be provided live and pre-recorded in a virtual format during the conference days. Tracks include: educators, providers and leadership.
- Sessions will also be available for credit for a few weeks after the conference, so you have more time to view the recorded sessions and get credit on your own time.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available, so you can still see the latest in products and services for EMS on October 11-12.
- We will host an in-person Trauma Symposium/Cadaver Lab and an Instructor Workshop on October 10 with full precautions and PPE. Limited spots will be available. A fee may be required.
- If you have made a hotel reservation, you are able to modify or cancel that reservation without penalty by calling the hotel at 912-233-7722.
Registration for this event will be coming soon!
We are working on final details, so we can get registration open for you. Stay tuned. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new event solution. We hope to be back with you in-person next year!