The Georgia EMS Association encourages you to take part in our VIRTUAL 2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators Conference.
IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS – OCT. 10 – Additional Fee Required
- We will be hosting two in-person workshops can choose from on Oct. 10 – Trauma Symposium/Cadaver Lab and an Instructor Workshop: Show-Me Creative Ideas in the Classroom. These will have limited class sizes to allow for COVID-19 precautions and PPE will be used. These workshops will be held at the Savannah Riverfront Marriott, 100 General McIntosh Blvd. Savannah, Georgia 31401. To comply with hotel guidelines, all guests of any Marriott hotel must wear face coverings in all public indoor spaces including hotel restaurants, bars, and public areas as well meeting and event areas including during the workshops. A registration fee is required and a partial reimbursement for the registration fee and/or hotel room may be applicable.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE SESSIONS/EXHIBIT HALL – OCT. 11-13
- October 11-13, we will offer all conference sessions live and pre-recorded in a virtual format during the conference days along with a virtual Exhibit Hall. Tracks include: educators, providers and leadership.
- The virtual event will be a FREE training event for Georgia EMS providers thanks to our Training Funding Partner: the Georgia Trauma Commission. However, as grant funded spots are limited, there is a $25 reservation fee to reserve your spot. Once you attend the virtual conference, that fee will be applied toward a new GEMSA membership or renewal as applicable. Also, you must be signed up and paid by October 9 in order to participate.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available as part of the virtual event. On October 11-12 during select hours, you can visit with exhibitors in their virtual booth, chat with representatives, view product/service materials, and more. This is still a great time to see the latest in products and services for EMS!
- Giveaways will be available for those who visit the exhibit hall. Watch for more details on what you can win!
- You need to attend sessions and the exhibit hall, Oct. 11-13, to be eligible for giveaways and other benefits. If needed, you will have an additional 30 days after the event to view the classes or other breakout sessions on your own time. This allows you to get additional CE hours from this event. CE certificates will be awarded.
- If you have made a hotel reservation, you are able to modify or cancel that reservation without penalty by calling the hotel at 912-233-7722. Please do this at your earliest convenience.
The 2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators Conference brochure has complete details on the an agenda, in-person workshops, session descriptions, speaker bios and more!
Download the brochure here.
Conference Rates & Options
VIRTUAL 2020 GEMSA Providers & Educators, Conference – Oct. 11-13
- $25 reservation fee – Georgia EMS Certified Instructors/Providers – Fee applied toward new or renewal of GEMSA membership once attendance is recorded
- $50 for out-of-state or non-certified individuals
- $0 – EMS Students
In-Person Workshops – October 10
- $50 each (you can only attend one) – A $40 reimbursement is applicable if you attend and scan in at the session. If you do not attend, you forfeit your registration fee. See the brochure for details.
In-Person Workshop Registration – Sept. 23, 2020 (Unless spots fill up sooner and payments must be received.)
Virtual Conference Online Registration/Payment Deadline – Oct. 9
NO REFUNDS will be given for in-person classes unless you are ill and need to remain at home. No refunds are available for the virtual conference.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we navigate events in 2020. We hope you will be able to participate in this event.
For more details, visit georgiaemsassociation.com/fall-conference/.