RTAC V | Regional Trauma Advisory Committees (RTAC)
REGION V RTAC Mission, Vision, and Goals
The mission of the Region 5 Trauma Plan and RTAC is twofold. First, they aim to reduce the burden of trauma through injury prevention efforts focused on injury data and statistics specific to Region 5 and other regional plan participants. Second, they will strive to ensure that victims of trauma receive care across the continuum from pre-hospital through rehabilitation that is of the highest quality to ensure the best possible outcome.
The Region 5 Trauma Plan and RTAC will provide leadership regarding the care of trauma patients within the region and across regional and state boundaries where appropriate.
- Reduce the number of preventable deaths
- Improve outcomes from traumatic injury
- Reduce medical costs through appropriate use of resources.
- Collaborate with participating agencies and organizations to provide oversight and guidance for system evaluation, education and training programs, and public education and prevention strategies.
- Work in conjunction with the State Office of EMS & Trauma (OEMS&T) to monitor availability of resources, assure compliance with system standards, and to develop a process for review of trauma care.
- Evaluate patient outcomes at a system level.
- Analyze the impact and results of the system and make recommendations for change as appropriate to assure quality outcomes.
REGION 5 RTAC MEMBERS
- Chris Hobbs: Emergency Room Manager, Peach Regional Medical Center (RTAC Chair)
- Robin Carey: Emergency Department Nurse Manager, Jasper Memorial Hospital
- Melissa Johnson: Chief Nursing Officer, Taylor Regional Hospital
- Alan Smith: Director, Washington County EMS
- Dave Borghelli: Director, Houston Healthcare EMS
- David Edwards: Director, Crisp/ Wilcox County EMS
- Joe Robinson: Operations Manager, Mid Georgia Ambulance
- W.J. Cheek: President, Heartland EMS
- Kelly Joiner: Assistant Director, Medical Center of Central Georgia EMS
- Richard Lee: Director, Upson EMS
- Delanor Doyle: Emergency Physician, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Benjamin Christie: Trauma and General Surgeon, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- John Rogers: Emergency Physician, Coliseum Health System
- Rogelio Delacruz : Pediatric Intensivist, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Joshua B. Glenn: Pediatric Surgeon, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Amy Helms: Emergency Room Nurse Manager. Upson Regional Medical Center
- Lynn Grant: Emergency Room Nurse Manager. Taylor Regional Hospital
- LeAndrea Lopez: Emergency Room Nurse Manager, Monroe County Hospital
Trauma Center Representative
- Debra Kitchens: Trauma Program Manager, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Brenda Kozar: Chair, Region 5 EMS for Children
- Ronald Norris: Chief, Monroe County Emergency Services
- David Herrin: Business Development Manager, Air Methods
- Stephen West: Program Manager, Air Evac
- Matthew Perry: Director, Monroe County EMA
- Karen Ebey-Tessendorf: Emergency Preparedness Director, North Central Health District
- Danny Strandburg: Emergency Management Coordinator, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Bo Drinkard: EMS Coordinator/Emergency Manager, Fairview Park Hospital
- Kim Whitley: Patient Access Director, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Terry Cobb: Director, Laurens County EMS/911